CHOCOLATE COCONUT CAKE
1 1/2 cups plain flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons golden syrup
1/4 cup condensed milk
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1/2 cup (60 grams) dark chocolate, grated
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1. Sieve the flour with the baking powder. Keep aside.
2. Cream the butter and brown sugar till light and fluffy.
3. Add the golden syrup and condensed milk and mix well.
4. Add the remaining ingredients and make a smooth batter making sure no lumps remain.
5. Pour into a 200 mm. (8") diameter greased and dusted cake tin.
6. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C (360°F) for 25 to 30 minutes until the cake is golden brown in colour or a knife inserted in the cake comes out clean.
7. Cool on a wire rack.
Serving Sugestion : You can top this cake with melted chocolate after is has cooled.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Share Your Cake Recipes.