Walnut Caramel Cake
by Karen Jones
* 1 (18.25 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
* 1 (14 ounce) package caramels*
* 3/4 cup butter or margarine, cubed
* 3 tablespoons milk
* 1 cup chopped walnuts
* 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour half of the batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 18 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the caramels, butter and milk. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until melted. Pour over warm cake.
2. Sprinkle with the walnuts and chocolate chips. Pour the remaining batter over chips. Bake 35-40 minutes longer or until cake is set and pulls away from sides of pan. Cool on a wire rack.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Share Your Cake Recipes.