Pineapple Coconut Cake by Hasina from India
2 cups of flour
3 teaspoons of baking powder
2 large eggs
3 cups of sugar
1 can crushed pineapple (without draining the juice)
2 cups Milk
1/2 cup butter
1 cup chopped cashew nuts
1 cup coconut
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Butter and flour two 8" round layer cake pans.
3. Mix flour with baking powder in a small bowl with a wire whisk and set aside.
4. In a large bowl mix eggs, vanilla, lemon juice and 2 cups of sugar; stir it well. Mix with the flour mixture prepared in the previous step.
5. Pour all the mixture in the pans and bake for 30 minutes.
6. While the cake is baking combine 1 cup sugar, butter, and milk in a sauce pan.
7. Bring to boil and stir it for 5 minutes.
8. Remove the pan from the heat and mix in pineapple and cashews; stir well.
9. Pour hot topping over hot cake and press the coconut into the topping on the sides. Allow the topping and coconut to set. The cake should be allowed to cool completely.
Hasina from India
Return to Pineapple Coconut Cake